The project became a Community Interest Company (not for profit social enterprise) in 2013
We have provided both non accredited and accredited training for our participants and our commitment and focus is continuing to provide our participants with training to help support their goals and ambitions.
By the end of 2013 we will have our first participant become an employee of the project with another now acting as a volunteer and peer mentor.
The projects directors Mike Maguire & Sarah Child also provide the support and bring with them not only their years of social care experience, both in local authority and private and voluntary sector environments, PTLLS and NVQ qualifications but forestry and coppicing experience too.
As a project our comittment is to:
- Provide robust risk management, working with the project's own policies and procedures
- Safeguard vulnerable people in conjunction with appropriate risk assessments and individual care plans in line with the County Council and NHS trust.
- Adopt a person centred approach and work with people at their own pace.
- Evidence progressive training, learning and skill development via an individualised portfolio.
- Encourage and support pathways into employment.
- Value each participants abilities to promote their self confidence
We provide transport if needed and also pick up from the Worcestershire Countryside centre on Wildwood Way.
We provide all hot and cold drinks and a hot lunchtime meal cooked on the open fire.
We accept FACS eligible referrals from health & social care community teams or individuals, their families or support providers. Payment for the project is through Personal budgets or private funding. (Please see our referrals page or contact us to discuss any aspect of this)